Through in-depth analysis of your raw DNA file, the genomic scientists at Genomlink can unlock your full genetic potential.
What do your genes say about your intelligence?
Of course – you don’t need full DNA analysis to know if you’re smart. However, intelligence is a nuanced, multifaceted trait. Your genes can influence your intellectual capabilities in numerous ways.
Here are a few capabilities that a human intelligence gene might influence:
How efficiently you can store information into long-term memory for instant retrieval
- Can you easily recall facts, events, and people from the distant past?
- Can you learn information quickly and retrieve it accurately after several days or weeks?
How effectively you can devise solutions to difficult challenges
- Are you good at solving puzzles?
- Do you consider yourself pragmatic?
- Are you gifted in music?
Using indirect reasoning and creativity to develop effective solutions
- Do you think of strategies that are outside the normal, direct processes?
- Do you tend to think metaphorically?
How quickly and fluidly you can learn different languages
- Do you learn the meanings of new words easily?
- Are you good at recognizing subtle differences in pronunciation?
- Are you good at communicating non-verbally?
- Are you good at understanding non-verbal cues?
How accurately you can recognize your own feelings and the source of your emotions
- Can you admit your weaknesses?
- Are you able to accurately assess your strengths?
- Do you reflect upon your past actions and wonder what you could have done differently?
- Do you occasionally question your motivations?
How effectively you relate to others using verbal and non-verbal cues
- Are you able to recognize and respect worldviews other than your own?
- Are you able to correctly infer the emotional state of others?
How adept you are at manipulating physical objects and coordinating your physical movements
- Are you a good dancer?
- Are you able to replicate complex rhythms?
- Do you enjoy building things and working with your hands?
- Are you good at riding horses?
Here are a few traits linked to human intelligence genes:
Cognitive Ability Intelligence Gene
Overall cognitive ability is influenced by both environmental and genetic factors. Learn what human intelligence genes can tell you about susceptibility to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease here.
Educational Attainment Intelligence Gene
Did you know that there could be a genetic component to your academic progress? Learn what your genes might tell you about your educational achievements here.
Mathematical Ability Intelligence Gene
If you are curious about your mathematical ability, your DNA might reveal your true potential! Learn about the genetic elements at play here.
Multitasking Intelligence Gene
Whether you are a master multitasker, or you prefer to focus on one task at a time, there might be a genetic explanation. Learn how your DNA might affect your ability to multitask here.
Working Memory Intelligence Gene
Working memory – also called short-term memory – is our capacity to learn and recall details quickly. Learn how your genes influence your working memory here.